Thursday, December 29, 2011

Success? Not so much.

Alright, so I think I talked about how I was going to use parchment paper in a project I was doing. This project was to create shirt decals from plastic bags. I attempted it today...and discovered some points.

1. Trash bags work fine.

2. The iron has to be on high heat.

3. If you don't press down really really hard really really quickly, the plastic shrivels up and and folds upon itself.

4. It's easier to do small pieces of plastic than big ones.

5. Don't use a ribbed tank top. When it stretches, the plastic peels off.

6. If you go over the created decals too many times with the iron, adding in extra decals, the original ones will melt. It's not super noticeable, but if you get close...

7. It's really hard to cut plastic with scissors and get the desired shape...if you think you're going to create pictures, start out practicing with letters. It's much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment