Thursday, September 13, 2012

DIY-inspo/Male Style icons

Okay, so I found a picture of it. To relate back to my last post, I am in love with the tank top that Project Runway's Christopher Palu is wearing in this picture, and I strongly suspect that he made it himself, because a great deal of his wardrobe has bleachwork done to it.
I think it would be done by splattering bleach onto a shirt or tank, and then make a skull stencil and paint it in with white fabric paint.
This isn't the first time that I've drooled over something in Chris's wardrobe. Also notice Gunnar Deatherage in this picture, in the hat. He is another one of my male style icons. This outfit of his isn't spectacular, but if I try to find a better one....
The jacket, the scarf, the shorts--love love love! And there's another thing that he does a lot that I really like, where he ties a sweater over his shoulders. It's like a quirky take on old-school preppy...
Love the print of the shirt! Love the jacket trick! And I absolutely adore that man's glasses. The shirt's print reminds me of the wallpaper in 221B Baker street on the TV show Sherlock. NOT A BAD THING. I freaking love that wallpaper. 
While we're on the subject of the men of style, there's another that I love, another Project Runway diva....
Wait for it...
Wait for it.....waiiiiit....
MONDO GUERRA! 
How can anyone not look at his style and smile? I remember back when he was on the show, and every week he had his short shorts and a bow-tie, and to celebrate that it was Mondo night, I would dress exactly like him! I hope that some of you are getting some amazing mental images....here's a blast from the past to help you out...
Ha ha, I hope you weren't expecting a picture of ME! 
The design to the side is one of his from Project Runway's fashion week. I want it. From head to toe I want it!


2 comments:

  1. Christopher's Bleach Skull Tank is from 'Stacy Longo Sustainable Apparel.' The website is under construction, but type 'Stacy Longo Sustainable Apparel' into your Facebook search, post on the wall you would like to purchase the shirt and a custom listing can be made for you on Etsy. Super easy and affordable!

    ReplyDelete