Saturday, June 30, 2012

A secret little smile.

Well, I've done it! I interviewed for and got a job! I'm so happy, I can't even begin to tell you! The place that hired me is a pizza place where my brother also works. I was interviewed by someone I'd never met, and I didn't think I was going to get it, because the owner of the establishment has a policy against hiring siblings. Well, surprise surprise, I was lucky enough to get the job, and I am so thrilled to have the opportunity to work there!
Earlier in the day, I took a trip to Goodwill, where I bought nothing.
After Goodwill, I meandered into Salvation Army, and ended up going home with an old clutch purse with a silk lining, a 60's or 70's picnic kit with all of the original pieces, a Better Homes and Gardens binder/cookbook from the early 50's, and a little desk globe, which is also a vintage item, but I don't know enough about the evolution of desk globes to date it. Then again, does anyone? Is there a person out there who makes a living dating globes? If there is, and you're reading this, please come my way!
 Fancy a picnic, anyone?
The little clutch purse. Isn't it just the prettiest little thing you've ever seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment