Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Where the flowers dance

So, here I am, back again. I had a lovely week in Florida, despite making the discovery that I am allergic to something in Pepto Bismol. I'm trying to find away to get the pictures off of my phone, but until then, I'm just going to put pictures of what I brought home, and steal whatever ones my brother put on facebook (if he added any).
Yeah, this is the only one my brother posted to his Facebook page:

Pretty though, isn't it? It makes me happy just to look at it.
Now, for my contraband.
 I bought this bag at the World Showcase in Epcot for 50 dollars. It was well worth it, because Yellow Submarine is my favorite animated movie (I grew up with it) and you can't find merchandise from it anywhere. Epcot is my favorite park in Disney World, and my favorite ride there is called Captain EO. It's a 3D movie experience revived from 1986, that stars Michael Jackson as its title character. The story is brought to life not only by the glasses, but also by the theater, which shakes with every explosion and drum beat. It's really sad, that Captain EO isn't more popular than it is, because not only is it an amazing ride, but it also shares a wonderful message, that worlds can be changed with methods other than war and violence.
 Here is a close up of the logo on my bag.
 This is the lining of the pocket on the front. This is what made me absolutely HAVE to have this bag. The money that I spent on it was actually my graduation money that was supposed to be saved for college (I'm bad, I know...).
 This is the tag that came with the bag. It's made of foam, so it isn't disposable. I'll probably do some sort of DIY with it later.
 This is a cookie cutter that I got from the same store. Thankfully, it was only a fraction of the price of the bag. The reason this was a necessity was because I collect odd things. Anything that seems bizarre, I just NEED. I can't wait to cook hundreds and hundreds of submarine cookies...
And finally, my Snow White bow. I don't know if I posted about this already, but in my group of friends, each person has a Disney Princess (or character). Mine is Snow White, which fits for me, because not only is my hair in the style of hers (I always have a bow in it), but it's also my favorite Disney Princess movie. It's amazing, because I didn't choose her for me, everyone else did. It made me happy.
And now I am home, home from the place where the flowers dance, and the lion is always king. So many stories I can't wait to share, but for now, I'm signing off, so as to not bore you. To borrow a quote from Louise Brooks: "I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you, it will be with a knife."

No comments:

Post a Comment