Monday, March 12, 2012

Top 5 of the Week.

Hmm...okay, so it's one day late. Big deal. Haha, I was actually shooting a movie yesterday. No lie. We have this tea shop downtown where I live, and some indie director is shooting his newest film partially in my town, and hiring actors from here too. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Three weeks or so ago, he was scouring a place for the scene, and while he was in Perry's Place, my two friends and I just happened to be there as well, sipping our chocolate chai. We were just extras, nothing important, none of us even had any lines, but it was still really really fun. All of the actors were absolute sweethearts, as was the entire production staff and the super cute acting director who meowed at us a couple of times. Totally awesome, and great food as well.
Alright, so this week, it's my top 5 favorite....MUSIC ARTISTS!!!!
Yayyy! So here they are, in no particular order.

 1. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club:
I love them so much. There's something very vintage-y about their sound, which would make a lot of sense, because several of their album covers and their name are inspired by old movies. They're so unique, but totally awesome.
 2. Chevelle:
A little harder than BRMC, that's for sure. I've been listening to Chevelle for years, I've loved them for years, and that love is definitely not ending anytime soon. It has survived and grown for many years.
 3. Paul Dempsey:
A much softer, acoustic sound. The former frontman for Something For Kate, Dempsey's solo lyrics are incredibly insightful and deep. They kind of remind me of literature from the French Decadence Movement, but in the best possible way.
 4. Rise Against: 
Another heavier band that I've listened to for years. Rise Against was actually the first rock band I ever listened to. Back when I was in 8th grade, I would listen to their music and it inspired me to want to change the world, and it made me feel like I really COULD change the world. Now that I'm older, I'm a lot more pessimistic about these things, but I still feel like I identify with the lyrics on an incredibly personal level.
5. Smoke Fairies:
I was originally drawn to this band because of their name. Their voices, however, are the real stars here. They harmonize together perfectly. It's really amazing to listen to them sing. My greatest wish is to see them in concert. I love them so much.

1 comment: