Monday, April 2, 2012

The opposite of Congress is progress, Part 2

I've already apologized for the pathetic pun of a title, so I'm not going to do that again. Tonight is one of those weird nights where nothing is going right, and Fall Out Boy seems like decent music and voting for Elvis for president seems like a logical life decision. One of those. Sigh.
I finished the base of my cover and bound all of my pages together. I still have to do more on the cover, but I don't think that's an appropriate activity to engage in while humming Sugar We're Going Down.
 One of my friends used to have a stepfather (may he rest in peace) who worked in packing, and he gave her some cardboard colored packing tape that is fortified with fiber glass. I used it to cover the entire cover, and then I used Mod Podge to put tissue paper over the tape. I only put the Mod Podge on the bottom of the tissue paper, which was white, and then I used coffee to stain it brown, and then after that, I put another layer of Mod Podge over it so that it wouldn't get damaged.
Isn't it lovely? I've never worked so hard on any DIY before. I can't wait to see how it ultimately turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment