Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Top 5 of the Week

Sorry, it's been gone for a while, but now it has returned! My top 5 of the week...for this month. Haha. I've been super busy, I haven't even been posting my DIY projects. Shame on me, I know. I've been really busy with ex-boyfriend drama (he has decided to start doing drugs since our splitting...you see why this is a problem...and the worst part is, he still thinks he can give ME life advice...) and I haven't been wielding my camera as much as I should, as a result. Now that I have accepted the situation as it is, and that there is nothing I can do to change it, I might be able to recover. For the past few days, I've been listening to oldies music and snuggling with my sweetheart kitty, Nigel. I admit, I've also cried quite a bit, and Nigel is good for that too. His fur is so soft, it absorbs any amount of tears. Here's a picture of my darling.
Sorry, it's a wee bit dark.
 This week it's my top 5.....favorite oldies songs!!!

1. "Mrs Brown, You've Got a Lovely Daughter" Herman's Hermits
I just adore this singer's accent. And the song resonates well with me at the moment, even though I could scarcely refer to my ex as 'lovely.' I still miss him so much, just like Herman (probably not his real name, but work with me here) misses Mrs Brown's beautiful daughter.

2. "I Think I Love You" The Partridge Family
Who could hate the Partridges? I mean, really? They're just so absolutely adorable.

3. "The Girl that I Knew Somewhere" The Monkees
The classic story. Man meets girl. Man falls in love with girl. Man suspects girl is a player because she reminds him of his ex-girlfriend. Man leaves girl, but says something to the extent of "It's not you, it's me." I love it.

4. "Octopus's Garden" The Beatles
My favorite Beatles song. Ringo Starr's voice is perfect for it. I just wish he would sing it to me, but not in the same creepy way he sang "you're sixteen, you're beautiful, you're mine," when he was like, 30.

5. "If You Leave" OMD
I really love the 80s. Of course I had to have an 80s song in this countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment