Sunday, May 13, 2012

DIY--Bronze Spraypaint Fun

Happy Mother's Day to all who are celebrating! Today I got to spend time with my sister, and eat food with tons of garlic in it. If that's not a day well-spent, I don't know what is.
Anyway, as soon as the family was gone and the Manchester United flag my mom received was hung above the archway in our living room, I hightailed my ass outside with a can of spraypaint, a pair of shoes, a stencil, and a t-shirt.
And then I went to town.
 The entire set, between paintings. The can appears to be stalking my shoes at this point.
 Here's the entire shirt. Sorry, it's hard to see because of the sun.
 Close up of the swallows. Lovely. Beautiful. I used a Miu Miu downloadable that I found on Cut Out and Keep. You can get it at the following URL.
 http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/diy-miu-miu-swallow-top
 The birds, after spraying. I only used four of them, because I thought cutting out many more would just be too many. I don't like how Miu Miu uses so many swallows on every damn thing they do. A girl needs to have a little moderation with her bird design!
 The shoes, just waiting for a nice dusting of bronze. They actually look at bit scared, one is hiding behind the other. Then again, it might just be a bit camera shy.
 My swallows, how they dance in the sunlight.
 A very artsy shot of the can. Cough cough. It's bronze, again.
Look at me, look at me, I've got stardust all over my toes. :)
I'm going to love wearing these.

No comments:

Post a Comment