Mehhhh...my camera wouldn't work yesterday, so I'm blogging two different DIYs today. This one is my project for yesterday, because I made it yesterday. So it counts. I got this pair of shoes from a friend who got them from another friend and found they were too big. They're size 11. My feet are size 8 and a half on a good day. Right now I'm working on figuring out a way to alter them on the inside so that they'll fit me.
When I started out, these shoes were a shiny, innocent white. Cute, but not my style.
I had a pair of tights which had a run in them, and I decided to use them.
I cut off both of the legs of the tights.
I put one shoe inside each leg of the tights, and then painted Modge Podge over the material, making sure to manually pull the material tight so that there wouldn't be any wrinkles. Doing this, I covered everything except for the heel. I DID NOT ATTACH IT TO THE HEEL WHEN DOING THIS STEP OF THE PROCESS.
I used an exacto knife to trim off the extra fabric. I used a larger piece of this extra fabric to cover the heel.
After allowing the heels to dry, I used an exacto knife to again cut off the excess.