Sunday, February 26, 2012

They should totally pay me for this.

I'm an indie music geek. Just going to come out and say it. I am obsessed with diving as deep as I can go before I hit bottom and seeing what shred of amazing music I can find there. That being said, I have found a new way to indulge this passion LEGALLY. Yes, that's right. And it's totally free.

Oh, and did I mention legal? Yes. FREE AND LEGAL.

Noisetrade is a website which was originally started with christian artists, and though it is still widely dominated by them, at least half of it is just regular music. Not saying christian music is bad or anything, just personally, it's not my thing. You can find pretty much anything on Noisetrade. From acoustic indie to a Franz Ferdinand-esque band called Board of Whores, and even a few metal bands and rap artists. Noisetrade provides a chance for all artists to post their music for people to download for free. On the side of the page, there are even ways to learn more about the band, such as via Facebook or Twitter. Scroll down, and you get info about whether or not the artist is touring.

To navigate Noisetrade's massive music library, you can search by band name, what's newest, the top downloads, genre, or use "For fans of" if you want something similar to other bands. You can play the selection by clicking the play button on the artist's picture once you're on their page. To download, enter your email address and zip code, and a link will be sent to your email. It's really easy and virus free. There is even a spot where you can donate to the artist if you REALLY want to give them your money.

My favorite Noisetrade artists: Board of Whores, Paul Dempsey, 1476, and Anselmo the Brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment