Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mismatched socks and tin cans. `

A sluggish Saturday, today is. I've spent two hours of it watching Gidget and The Flying Nun on Antenna Tv.  I'm a sucker for vintage TV shows, and those are the two that I watch every Saturday, come Olympics or high water. When I don't work, I also watch The Monkees and The Partridge Family, but it's been a few weeks since I've been able to watch either of them. I've almost forgotten what Danny Bonaduce looks like.
My graduation party is tomorrow, and I'm completely behind on it. I was supposed to make all of the centerpieces myself out of tin cans and twigs, but I kind of forgot (whoops). Now I have a bedroom full of various sized cans. I'll figure out what to do with them when I get home from work tonight.
Now, my friends have been on me for a while, because I can't keep my room clean. I know this is an odd thing for 18 year old girls to obsess about, but I really do have a major problem with order. That being: I despise it. A month ago all of my things were organized in boxes in my linen closet (which is in my room). However, when everything was like this, I couldn't find anything, or it was near the back and I couldn't get to it easily. And to top that off, every time I finished with something, I had to fit it back into the closet perfectly, otherwise it wouldn't all fit. It drove me absolutely crazy! Needless to say, it hasn't lasted long.
The only thing that really bothers me is that none of my socks match. I like matching socks. It's just this thing I have. I wear mismatched socks, but I can't stand looking into my cedar chest and seeing them not paired together. It drives me almost crazier than a clean room!
Sadly, the thing about having my room the way I like it is that I can never find matches for my socks when it comes time to do laundry. I have a laundry basket and a bag in my closet full of mismatched socks, because I simply refuse to put them away without matches. Before you ask, yes I do see that I'm fighting a losing battle with this one. I have to either clean and reorganize my room or let the socks run rampant. Maybe they'll even form their own government. There would be a sock president and a sock Congress, and they could make their own laws and everything. Maybe they would even find their own matches and put themselves away. My problem would simply solve itself!
Yeah, I've definitely gone a bit loopy.

No comments:

Post a Comment