Saturday, August 25, 2012

The "Just covered part of my brother's early morning shift because he was bitten by a bat in his sleep" playlist.

Yeah, like the title suggests, I was just dragged out of bed at about 8 (doesn't seem bad, but in teenage hours, that's like 4 in the morning) because Sam had a bat in his room and it bit him. My frantic mother (who has quite a phobia of bats) dragged him to the emergency room to get several rabies shots. My boss, Mike, who himself was covering someone else's shift, was nice enough to give me a ride in, and then he bought me donuts. I made the unwise decision to save these for after I was done with sauce, for after two batches of sauce and numerous interruptions later, my brother came in to relieve me of duty. I only got one tiny donut hole. :(

1. "You're the Storm" The Cardigans

2. "Shake Me Down" Cage the Elephant

3. "How Much More" The Go-Gos

4. "Silence and the End of All Things" Chameleon Circuit

5. "The Perfect Plan" And the Chorus

6. "Because We're Dead" Slow Club

7. "I'm Not Going to Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You" Black Kids

8. "Blink" Chameleon Circuit

9. "Sha La La La La" Heavy Young Heathens

It's a mix of everything, I know, but it's what I like.
Also, there's something else I'd like to bring up:
In my community, two days ago, there was a car accident involving three boys from my high school, all of which were 16. One of them, Wyatt, was killed. Another one, John, survived with a busted shoulder, but a third boy, Sean is currently fighting for his life. He has a head injury, damage to his spine, a broken femur, a broken fibula, and two blown out knees. I don't really know John or Sean, but I did know Wyatt, mainly from classes. My brother used to be close friends with his older brother, and his father is a playwright who is one of the nicest people I know, and very beloved in our town. He is the last person who would ever deserve tragedy.
I'm not really the praying type, but these families need all the solace they can get. So please, keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment