Friday, January 13, 2012

Day Fourteen: Fangs Necklace

Snowday today! And as soon as I figure out how to fix my clay project too! Aha, I guess I'll just have to sketch it in the meantime. I've spent most of my day watching Jeffrey Sebelia's season of Project Runway, and I'm falling in love with his designs all over again. Especially that yellow plaid couture gown! God...he's talented.

Alright, so start out with a pair of vampire fangs. I found mine on the ground the day after Halloween. I think they were an early Christmas present. :)
Take a thick sewing needle and use it to poke holes in the back of the fangs, going through both layers of the plastic.
Take two jump rings and thread them through. This tends to be a bit tricky.
Measure out your chain. I did it just by draping it around my neck how it would lay naturally.
Use wire cutters to cut your chain. After this, thread them onto your jump rings, and close your jump rings with a pair of needle nose pliers or, if you don't have pliers, you can use scissors instead. That's what I had to do before I got a pair.
Unless you made your chain long enough to go over your head, now is the time to put in your clasp. Use wire cutters to cut the chain where you want your clasp to be. Put on clasp (duh).

Viola! Done.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment