Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day Thirteen: Statement Earring

You can't see it very well in this picture, but the large object hanging with the chains looks like a heart. It's actually a ring that was crushed by a car. One of my best friends found it on a beach. The other two chains aren't equal in length, just so you know. I know the image is a bit unclear. I was actually watching the Brothers Grimm when I made these! It's not just beans, Will! It's real!

Get an earring hook and a jump ring, as well as any statement pendant that you want.
Take two necklaces you don't want, or a length of chain, and break them into different size pieces. I only used two strands, but don't be afraid to use as many as you want.
Open up the jump ring, and put all of the chains and your pendant on it.
Close the jump ring with a pair of needle nose pliers.
Put the jump ring on the earring hook.

Viola! Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment