Monday, January 9, 2012

Day Ten: Tiny Bows Dress

Alright, so this was inspired by a shirt dress by Stella McCartney. The difference is that hers had larger, black bows and t-shirt-esque sleeves. This took me forever, mostly because I didn't sleep last night, so I kept taking breaks to stare off into space and imagine random things. I made the bows myself out of some blue lining that I cut in half. It really is a cute dress in person, I wish I had a better camera and steadier hands. Today I officially finished my AP Lit essay, and I am very happy with it. It's to the point where I don't even care about the grade, I feel so strongly that I've written a good arguement. Well, time will tell about how I do on it. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Alright, so for this, start out with a plain white tank dress. You might recognize this one from an older Goodwill haul. I told you I had plans for it. :)
You can buy little bows, or you can make them like I did. Either way, you need twelve.
Arrange them in rows of two, then three, then two, then three. I studied polka dots.
Now, this is the tedious part. Sew each bow on individually. No skimping on the sewing either! Hot glue won't work!
Model.


Viola! Done.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment