Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day Fifteen: Spades Statement Necklace

Alright, so I was cruising other DIY websites, and I found a DIY for a really really cute statement necklace. There are a few other projects on the site which I will probably duplicate, this is just the first one that caught my eye. What I don't enjoy about this website is that everywhere this girl could have possibly put something leather, she did. I'm just not a person who believes in using animal products like that. I don't mean any disrespect in saying that; that girl has some mad skills. For the original and her tutorial, go to: http://www.lovemaegan.com/2011/08/diy-gilded-gemstone-chain-tassel.html

First, I started with a button that had one loop on the back, and I found a big jump ring to put on it that was about half an inch in diameter.
I put eight strands of black chain on the open jump ring, four on each side.
After this was done, I took a long necklace chain and cut it open, and threaded each side onto the jump ring. Then I used a pair of needlenose pliers to close the jump ring.
I used a dot of hot glue on the back of the button to make it so that the button would not fall forward when I wear it.

Viola! Done.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment