Monday, January 30, 2012

Day Thirty: Candy Box Mirror

My boyfriend gave me a box of chocolates, and my friends keep giving me things to use in my DIY projects. That is how I got the materials for this project: sheer generosity. I thank all of those wonderful people.
So...my weekend really sucked. My dog pissed all over everything on Saturday. He's really old, so he doesn't really hold stuff in his bladder (way too much information, I know) because he doesn't really want to anymore. I don't have a washing machine in my house, so I had to borrow my mom's coat and boots. On Sunday I posted a Facebook status about how annoying it is when my newsfeed fills up with people taking pictures of themselves. Some girl that I met once, about a year ago, and have had no interaction with since, freaked out all over it and reported me as a cyberbully and claimed my status was a hate crime. I got an official message from Facebook admins that my account isn't deleted yet, but it's under review. Fun fun.
At least I had daily DIYs to brighten my dreary days. :) Thanks to all my craft projects for keeping me sane.

Alright, so I took the top of a candy box, traced it onto my bird fabric, and cut out the heart shape.
I used liberal amounts of Modge Podge to attach the fabric inside the frame.
The mirror was a gift from a friend, which I hot glued into the frame.
I used old, lace trim to embellish it further.
Because I was unable to make actual holes without making them messy, I hot glued the hanger on the back.
Viola! Done.

Now everyone go out into the world and smile.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment