Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day Twenty: Paint Splattered Flower Headband

Snowday today! Yay! I was so happy...I haven't slept for nights, so I was napping for a good bit of today. I also did some great work with crafting! I was actually experimenting with paint-covered flowers for a painting I'm doing when I made this. If you're wondering what the round-ish thing is at the bottom of my headband, that's not a button, it's my ear. It took me a few minutes of staring at it to figure it out, ha ha. This is great, because I've been in a darkish mood for the past few weeks, and I feel like this headband is a great combination of my two sides: girly and punky.
I recycled an old headband to make this. I turned its old flower into a hairclip, and I'm thinking that I might give it to a friend. I've started giving away a bunch of my DIY projects, simply because they have started to overtake my room.

Okay, so if you want to make this headband, it's really really simple.
Spread black fabric paint onto a piece of cardboard. Dip each flower into this paint, but be careful not to get too much on it. Less is more.
After all of your silk flowers are dipped, allow them to dry. Most people don't think to do this, and smeared paint looks really cheap.
While you're waiting for them to dry, prepare your headband. Mine is really two headbands in one, and if you don't have a headband like mine, then use a piece of felt as a base, and glue your flowers to it after they're dry.
Use hot glue to attach your flowers how you want them on your headband. Allow glue to dry. Wear.

Viola! Done.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment