Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day Twelve: Tattoo Brooch

Hmmm...so today I had another killer headache, and I went out to dinner with my brother. He lives about an hour away, and we went to a place called Stromboli's, and I ordered (you'd never guess it) a stromboli. It was by far the best italian food I've ever had. After dinner we stopped at Meijer's, where I got some temporary tattoos. That's when I got the idea for this project.

Alright, so I started out using water to put a tattoo on a piece of paper, and I cut it out in the shape of an oval after it dried.
I traced the shape on the top of an egg carton, then cut out that shape too.
I glued the two together.
I used hot glue to add the white trim, using small amounts of glue on the back.
Burning my fingers many times over, I attached pieces of peacock feathers to the back of the brooch, but that part is optional. Personally, I think it would still look good even if the feather detail wasn't added.
I glued a pin to the back, over the backs of the feather details.
Finally, I used Modge Podge to go over the top to make sure that the tattoo wouldn't get scratched.

Viola! Done.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment